Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the Beginning...

We are getting ready for our trip to Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. My class has come up with a list of questions that they want to know the answers to. They will be going on line to research and try to find answers to their questions. One of the questions is: How old is the Lincoln Memorial? Another is: Where is George Washington buried? The kids will be posting their questions and answers as they complete their research. Stay tuned to see their results!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Great pictures!! And you got the comments to work. I have to get my pictures uploaded and more commentary. So much has been going on I hardly know where to start. Great blog, Laurie.

Candy said...

Hi Laurie,
This is a very cool blog. Do you mind if I follow your trip and let my students see it, too? What an amazing opportunity for your family and your students. Hope that during the holidays everyone at your house is cozy and happy. Don't you LOVE being home?

Inaugural Teacher said...

The countdown has begun! We are busy packing and getting excited. I can hardly believe this is really happening! My class is as excited as I am, almost. They have begun looking at our blog and we are discussing some Inauguration History. We are learning lots, such as the coldest inauguration day temperature was 7º and the warmest was 55º.We are hoping for no snow and at least 40º.

Old, but Immature said...

Inaugural Teacher: I saw the story in the SV Herald about your trip and I'm so jealous. Washington, D.C. is my hometown. As a Girl Scout I ushered at several inaugural parades (b-r-r-r). I also attended JFK's funeral. Make sure you see the First Ladies' Inaugural gowns-very interesting history of women's fashions. How thrilling for you and your family!